Hi Friends- I have not blogged in Sooooo long. I am so glad to be blogging and connecting today with all of you. I am going to be talking about the fun FLU today. It’s that time of year when you are surrounded by the funky flu. How can you not get sick? or if you do get sick..get less sick?? My answer is boost all year long and double boost when your surrounded by sickies.
Here are some simple suggestion to follow to feel nourished and boosted:
- Make sure you are sleeping good. Go to bed early if you can
- Stress Less..Stress makes you sick! lowers immunity
- Exercise a few times a week
- Wash your hands, your kids hands and sing your ABC”S when washing baby!
- Eat warming seasonal foods- soups, bone broths, stews, cooked greens and lots of turmeric and cumin spices added to food
- Eat a Rainbow of color on your plate with beautiful vibrant fruits and veggies
Supplements that can help:
- Vitamin D3 – 2,000 ius a day is good. Take more if you feel yourself getting run down or sick- get you vit d levels checked if you can
- Probiotics – 70% of your immunity lives in your gut so boost it up baby
- Omega 3s – I love cod liver oil and so does my 3.5 year old..crazy right?
There is so much more I could say about boosting immunity but these are some really simple ways to stay boosted.
Be Well, Amy