Happy Fall Everyone! I so love Fall..I love everything about fall..I love the energy of fall!!!
The cozy sweaters, cozy socks, crock pot meals, more crafting, the colors of the trees, pumpkins everywhere……did I mention Pumpkin….Oh how I love pumpkin everything….
Breakfast can be a rushed and wild time. It can be hard to get yourself and the kids out the door! Below is a nourishing recipe loaded with protein and good fats that can be made ahead of time for a quick ” on the go” breakfast!
On this Magical Monday….and since its FALL and I LOVE Fall..Here is a super simple pumpkin recipe just for you…
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies/Muffins
11⁄2 cups organic rolled oats
11⁄2 bananas, chopped
1 cup mashed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
2 tbsp shredded coconut
3-‐4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional for added sweetness)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray baking sheet with natural olive oil spray.
3. Combine pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, spices and salt in a mixing bowl and mix by hand until mostly smooth.
4. Add in oats, walnuts, almonds, flax seeds and shredded coconut and mix thoroughly. If mixture needs more moisture, add in 1⁄2 mashed banana or a couple tablespoons applesauce.
5. Form 10-12 small cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. You can also place in a mini muffin pan and make little muffins ( will make approx 20-24 mini muffins)
Makes 10-‐12 cookies
Nutrition Tip: Oats are great for calming the nervous system. Buy gluten-‐free oats if avoiding gluten, since oats can be contaminated with gluten in the processing.
This is a recipe from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple 2nd edition. You can email me for a signed copy and I will mail it to you! Also, don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Busy Moms Survival Guide ( 5 days of 10 min meals) on my home page of website…It’s FREE!
With Thanks, Love and Sparkle
Happy Magical Monday- I am all about having more ease and joy lately and I’m trying to add more of these two things into each day! Laughing, letting- go and daily gratitude are 3 simple ways I am starting to create more ease and joy in my life. So, today I want to just say…
You are amazing!
You are brave!
You are the best!
And eat Yummy Easy and Joyful foods!
And here is an easy and joyful after dinner ( or whenever..) treat just for you on this Magical Monday… Enjoy!
Amazing Raw Apple “ Pie”
2 medium red or green organic apples
2-4 tablespoons of almond butter- or any nut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1.4 tsp cardamom- optional
Optional: plain whole fat organic yogurt
- Slice apples vertically so they are flat little circles
- Place apples on a Plate
- Spread some almond butter evenly on each apple slice
- Top with cinnamon and Enjoy
Fun Tip: This is a great easy fun dessert or snack to make with kids. Loaded with fiber and protein!
With love and sparkle
P.s Sign up for my FREE Guide for Busy Moms/Families on the hompage of my website ….thanks!!!
Happy Monday….I can’t believe it’s already monday and it’s been a busy day! Being such a busy monday, like most of us are…….It reminded me that I wanted to write about EASING into your week….
What if monday could be a slower day…..I know…I know.. how can it be Slower it’s monday for gosh sake? Ya right!…..But seriously, maybe monday’s can be slower- we as busy people/parents etc can start to ease into our week by choosing a couple of simple things like these below:
- taking a little more time ( like 5 mins) to stretch in bed before we get up
- doing some gentle breathing and setting our intentions for the week before we get up ( 1-2 mins)
- maybe trying to take more long deep breaths during the day
- get outside a bit more
- have mondays be a SUPER EASY dinner night!!
Bottom line just EASE into your week……Just be more mindful about easing into your week….pause….be grateful…pause,…and get back to the monday hustle….with pausing more!
So, here is a simple fun recipe from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple for Kids and Busy Families.. Enjoy with EASE on this Magical Monday
Easy Mini Pizza’s
4-6 pieces of gluten free bread- or bread of choice)
1/2 cup of organic canned tomato sauce
1 cup organic cheese shredded
½ cup cooked ham or salami – chop rough
½ cup black chopped canned olives
1.Preheat oven to 425
- Line toast on a baking pan and bake for 5 mins
- Take toast out and spread sauce evenly on each slice of toast
- Add above toppings evenly to each slice of toast (or topping of your choice)
- Bake for 4 min’s or until cheese is melted. Cool a bit and Serve!
Optional toppings: green onions, pinnacle, fresh tomato, chopped zucchini or other veggies. Add more sauce or more toppings if you wish!
Fun Tips: Make this fun for kids buy placing all pizza ingredients in a muffin pan and letting kids decorate their own pizzas. This would be super fun for a chill night with the family or when having some kids over for a play date!
With love and sparkle,
P.S Please sign up for my free guide for busy moms on this website (on the home page)..It’s FREE..YA…
Happy Magical Monday!
I am going to be talking about the importance of play and self care today…And even better, how we can all do these more in 5-10 mins!
It is so important as busy moms ( and everyone) to make sure we are taking care of ourselves first…I know this sometimes seems impossible right? It sure does for me! With the never-ending “to-do” lists and things that must get done, I often see people ( especially busy moms) put themselves last on this long list of things to GET DONE….I am really getting more focused on scheduling in more time for myself to have play and self care…It’s so important and necessary. Let’s all fill up our cups so we are not always draining the energy bank OK?…And then we can also help more people and be more present doing it…
So on this magical monday, I want to invite you to allow a little more PLAY and SELF- CARE into your life….Maybe try scheduling it in your calendar so it really does get done…Just 5-10 mins! We can all do it together… Below, are some self care tips that are simple and take only a few mins!
- Take a 10-‐minute warm bath with Epsom salt-‐ Epsom salt can help relax the body!
- Do some sort of meditation for 5 minutes in the morning when you are waking up. This can be saying a simple mantra like “ you are calm and relaxed” said over and over again. This can help be in the present moment
- Do some slow and deep breathing! This resets the nervous system and activates your parasympathetic nervous system.
- Take a 5-‐10 minute walk and be in nature
- Drink a cup of warm herbal tea and listen to music
- Write in a gratitude journal for 5-10 mins daily
- Eat some comfort food that is also nourishing!
- LAUGH LAUGH – Increases Oxytocin! ” the love hormone”
- HUG HUG HUG People – this also increases Oxytocin
- PLAY MORE….play games, dance or anything that is FUN!
Hope you enjoyed todays blog…
With love and sparkle- Amy
Hi Friends….It’s been a while since I have written a blog post…So today is the day to start! I am feeling especially Grateful today …So, I wanted to share a SIMPLE and special recipe with you from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple. We are all so Busy….So its nice to have a little nourishing snack that is simple to make and also rich in protein. These granola bars are comfort food for me…
Enjoy this recipe….and what are you grateful for today? Would love to hear from you! I am grateful for you all…thank you!
Grateful Granola Energy Bars
¼ cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons of almond butter
¼ cup flax meal
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 ¼ cup organic applesauce
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup goji berries
¼ cup pumpkin seeds or slivered almonds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients –set aside
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup until melted.
- Combine heated mixture with dry mixture and stir until well combines
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lines with parchment paper
- Press mixture with your hands to create even surface- kind of looks like a meatloaf but flatter
- Bake until golden brown, about 35-40 mins
- Cool completely and then cut into little bars
- Store in airtight container in fridge
With love and sparkle…
Today I will be talking about STRAWBERRIES…It’s April and Strawberries are in season. They are so nourishing. I love strawberries and so does my daughter Nylah! Here is some information about strawberries.. Enjoy!
Strawberry fun facts: Where do strawberries grow? In the earth or those funny looking strawberry pots!Strawberries have their seeds on the OUTSIDE. How cool is this!
The small seeds on the outside are actually the “real fruit”. The strawberry is not a fruit; it is a swollen stem like a rose hip. There are on average 200 seeds on every strawberry
Buy Only Organic Strawberries. Lots of pesticides on strawberries
Nutrition facts about strawberries: High in Vitamins C, A and E. Great source of Anti-oxidants. The fruit is a rich source of vitamins B. Contains good amounts of important minerals like: copper, potassium and iron
Strawberry kale smoothie:
1 cup of rice milk
1 cup of frozen organic strawberries
1 small handful of kale
Dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Strawberry Arugula Salad
1-2 cups of washed Arugula
½ cup of sliced strawberries
¼ cup of pumpkin seeds— Dressing- Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil on top
Hi Friends- I have not blogged in Sooooo long. I am so glad to be blogging and connecting today with all of you. I am going to be talking about the fun FLU today. It’s that time of year when you are surrounded by the funky flu. How can you not get sick? or if you do get sick..get less sick?? My answer is boost all year long and double boost when your surrounded by sickies.
Here are some simple suggestion to follow to feel nourished and boosted:
- Make sure you are sleeping good. Go to bed early if you can
- Stress Less..Stress makes you sick! lowers immunity
- Exercise a few times a week
- Wash your hands, your kids hands and sing your ABC”S when washing baby!
- Eat warming seasonal foods- soups, bone broths, stews, cooked greens and lots of turmeric and cumin spices added to food
- Eat a Rainbow of color on your plate with beautiful vibrant fruits and veggies
Supplements that can help:
- Vitamin D3 – 2,000 ius a day is good. Take more if you feel yourself getting run down or sick- get you vit d levels checked if you can
- Probiotics – 70% of your immunity lives in your gut so boost it up baby
- Omega 3s – I love cod liver oil and so does my 3.5 year old..crazy right?
There is so much more I could say about boosting immunity but these are some really simple ways to stay boosted.
Be Well, Amy
Hi friends…I am writing today and feeling very happy and loved! I have really been trying to look a little closer and appreciate the “simple things” in life. Sometimes I can get so caught up in the “hurry” of my daily grind and not stop and “smell the roses”. The bottom line is that life is crazy, will be crazy, and NOTHING is guaranteed..The one thing you can count on is enjoying the “little things” and being mindful of how you are thinking about things that surround you. Stress can be hard to pin point and deal with. In fact, for me it’s a constant struggle to be “somewhat ZEN”. I feel like “what’s wrong with me”?? Well…I am starting to realize that nothing is wrong with me..It is simply the way stress hits my body..I do believe that I can change the way that I deal with stress by simply being more accepting of what is happening around me! I have been told for years just to “let go”…Well, I am not sure about you but…This is hard to do!! Simple but hard…I am writing to all you “type A” moms (or parents) and saying that “letting go” is a daily process for me and it probably will be for a while…I have a very active and verbal toddler. People kept telling me “just wait until she asks WHY about everything” Well, it has happened and it is FIERCE. So, I am having to breath differently and try to roll with it more lately than before. I am paying close attention to what happens in my body when I feel stress. It will take time but I am eager to feel more calm and “at ease” when I am in the throws of a busy life, my own business and a 3 year old!
The bottom line is LOVE and ACCEPTANCE sometimes every moment on some crazy days…
Happy Tuesday Friends…It has been a while since I have written. I find myself taking a while to get to some things lately as life is AGAIN really busy. I wanted to remind all of you how important it is to make sure you are staying boosted all year long with your immunity. I have not been sick in forever and I got a weird throat thing just this past week. I was under some stress and not sleeping well..BAM BAM BAM..The virus hit me like a ton of bricks…I thought I was pretty strong but I got out of balance and the body has a funny way of making you STOP right?? Here are some simple tips to stay boosted all year long (yes..even summer…)
Make some immunity broth or bone broths and sip on these even when your strong
Take vitamin c when you feel run down or are around sickies
Keep stress down..this is a biggie for me and its what got me sick this time for sure!
Laugh, smile and do fun things- this keeps the positive energy flowing and the love fresh
Eat less sugar and white food..Eat a diet that is anti-inflammatory
Vitamin D helps boost ya as well….so does a healthy dose of omega 3s daily
I hope you enjoy these simple tips or reminders…I will be posting more soon….Enjoy
The first two people to email me will get 1/2 off there first nutritional consult with me…email me at
Be Well, Amy