Happy Fall Everyone! I so love Fall..I love everything about fall..I love the energy of fall!!!
The cozy sweaters, cozy socks, crock pot meals, more crafting, the colors of the trees, pumpkins everywhere……did I mention Pumpkin….Oh how I love pumpkin everything….
Breakfast can be a rushed and wild time. It can be hard to get yourself and the kids out the door! Below is a nourishing recipe loaded with protein and good fats that can be made ahead of time for a quick ” on the go” breakfast!
On this Magical Monday….and since its FALL and I LOVE Fall..Here is a super simple pumpkin recipe just for you…
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies/Muffins
11⁄2 cups organic rolled oats
11⁄2 bananas, chopped
1 cup mashed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
2 tbsp shredded coconut
3-‐4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional for added sweetness)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray baking sheet with natural olive oil spray.
3. Combine pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, spices and salt in a mixing bowl and mix by hand until mostly smooth.
4. Add in oats, walnuts, almonds, flax seeds and shredded coconut and mix thoroughly. If mixture needs more moisture, add in 1⁄2 mashed banana or a couple tablespoons applesauce.
5. Form 10-12 small cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes. You can also place in a mini muffin pan and make little muffins ( will make approx 20-24 mini muffins)
Makes 10-‐12 cookies
Nutrition Tip: Oats are great for calming the nervous system. Buy gluten-‐free oats if avoiding gluten, since oats can be contaminated with gluten in the processing.
This is a recipe from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple 2nd edition. You can email me for a signed copy and I will mail it to you! Also, don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Busy Moms Survival Guide ( 5 days of 10 min meals) on my home page of website…It’s FREE!
With Thanks, Love and Sparkle
Happy Magical Monday- I am all about having more ease and joy lately and I’m trying to add more of these two things into each day! Laughing, letting- go and daily gratitude are 3 simple ways I am starting to create more ease and joy in my life. So, today I want to just say…
You are amazing!
You are brave!
You are the best!
And eat Yummy Easy and Joyful foods!
And here is an easy and joyful after dinner ( or whenever..) treat just for you on this Magical Monday… Enjoy!
Amazing Raw Apple “ Pie”
2 medium red or green organic apples
2-4 tablespoons of almond butter- or any nut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1.4 tsp cardamom- optional
Optional: plain whole fat organic yogurt
- Slice apples vertically so they are flat little circles
- Place apples on a Plate
- Spread some almond butter evenly on each apple slice
- Top with cinnamon and Enjoy
Fun Tip: This is a great easy fun dessert or snack to make with kids. Loaded with fiber and protein!
With love and sparkle
P.s Sign up for my FREE Guide for Busy Moms/Families on the hompage of my website ….thanks!!!
Happy Monday….I can’t believe it’s already monday and it’s been a busy day! Being such a busy monday, like most of us are…….It reminded me that I wanted to write about EASING into your week….
What if monday could be a slower day…..I know…I know.. how can it be Slower it’s monday for gosh sake? Ya right!…..But seriously, maybe monday’s can be slower- we as busy people/parents etc can start to ease into our week by choosing a couple of simple things like these below:
- taking a little more time ( like 5 mins) to stretch in bed before we get up
- doing some gentle breathing and setting our intentions for the week before we get up ( 1-2 mins)
- maybe trying to take more long deep breaths during the day
- get outside a bit more
- have mondays be a SUPER EASY dinner night!!
Bottom line just EASE into your week……Just be more mindful about easing into your week….pause….be grateful…pause,…and get back to the monday hustle….with pausing more!
So, here is a simple fun recipe from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple for Kids and Busy Families.. Enjoy with EASE on this Magical Monday
Easy Mini Pizza’s
4-6 pieces of gluten free bread- or bread of choice)
1/2 cup of organic canned tomato sauce
1 cup organic cheese shredded
½ cup cooked ham or salami – chop rough
½ cup black chopped canned olives
1.Preheat oven to 425
- Line toast on a baking pan and bake for 5 mins
- Take toast out and spread sauce evenly on each slice of toast
- Add above toppings evenly to each slice of toast (or topping of your choice)
- Bake for 4 min’s or until cheese is melted. Cool a bit and Serve!
Optional toppings: green onions, pinnacle, fresh tomato, chopped zucchini or other veggies. Add more sauce or more toppings if you wish!
Fun Tips: Make this fun for kids buy placing all pizza ingredients in a muffin pan and letting kids decorate their own pizzas. This would be super fun for a chill night with the family or when having some kids over for a play date!
With love and sparkle,
P.S Please sign up for my free guide for busy moms on this website (on the home page)..It’s FREE..YA…
Happy Magical Monday!
I am going to be talking about the importance of play and self care today…And even better, how we can all do these more in 5-10 mins!
It is so important as busy moms ( and everyone) to make sure we are taking care of ourselves first…I know this sometimes seems impossible right? It sure does for me! With the never-ending “to-do” lists and things that must get done, I often see people ( especially busy moms) put themselves last on this long list of things to GET DONE….I am really getting more focused on scheduling in more time for myself to have play and self care…It’s so important and necessary. Let’s all fill up our cups so we are not always draining the energy bank OK?…And then we can also help more people and be more present doing it…
So on this magical monday, I want to invite you to allow a little more PLAY and SELF- CARE into your life….Maybe try scheduling it in your calendar so it really does get done…Just 5-10 mins! We can all do it together… Below, are some self care tips that are simple and take only a few mins!
- Take a 10-‐minute warm bath with Epsom salt-‐ Epsom salt can help relax the body!
- Do some sort of meditation for 5 minutes in the morning when you are waking up. This can be saying a simple mantra like “ you are calm and relaxed” said over and over again. This can help be in the present moment
- Do some slow and deep breathing! This resets the nervous system and activates your parasympathetic nervous system.
- Take a 5-‐10 minute walk and be in nature
- Drink a cup of warm herbal tea and listen to music
- Write in a gratitude journal for 5-10 mins daily
- Eat some comfort food that is also nourishing!
- LAUGH LAUGH – Increases Oxytocin! ” the love hormone”
- HUG HUG HUG People – this also increases Oxytocin
- PLAY MORE….play games, dance or anything that is FUN!
Hope you enjoyed todays blog…
With love and sparkle- Amy