Happy Magical Monday- I am all about having more ease and joy lately and I’m trying to add more of these two things into each day! Laughing, letting- go and daily gratitude are 3 simple ways I am starting to create more ease and joy in my life. So, today I want to just say…
You are amazing!
You are brave!
You are the best!
And eat Yummy Easy and Joyful foods!
And here is an easy and joyful after dinner ( or whenever..) treat just for you on this Magical Monday… Enjoy!
Amazing Raw Apple “ Pie”
2 medium red or green organic apples
2-4 tablespoons of almond butter- or any nut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1.4 tsp cardamom- optional
Optional: plain whole fat organic yogurt
- Slice apples vertically so they are flat little circles
- Place apples on a Plate
- Spread some almond butter evenly on each apple slice
- Top with cinnamon and Enjoy
Fun Tip: This is a great easy fun dessert or snack to make with kids. Loaded with fiber and protein!
With love and sparkle
P.s Sign up for my FREE Guide for Busy Moms/Families on the hompage of my website ….thanks!!!
Happy Monday….I can’t believe it’s already monday and it’s been a busy day! Being such a busy monday, like most of us are…….It reminded me that I wanted to write about EASING into your week….
What if monday could be a slower day…..I know…I know.. how can it be Slower it’s monday for gosh sake? Ya right!…..But seriously, maybe monday’s can be slower- we as busy people/parents etc can start to ease into our week by choosing a couple of simple things like these below:
- taking a little more time ( like 5 mins) to stretch in bed before we get up
- doing some gentle breathing and setting our intentions for the week before we get up ( 1-2 mins)
- maybe trying to take more long deep breaths during the day
- get outside a bit more
- have mondays be a SUPER EASY dinner night!!
Bottom line just EASE into your week……Just be more mindful about easing into your week….pause….be grateful…pause,…and get back to the monday hustle….with pausing more!
So, here is a simple fun recipe from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple for Kids and Busy Families.. Enjoy with EASE on this Magical Monday
Easy Mini Pizza’s
4-6 pieces of gluten free bread- or bread of choice)
1/2 cup of organic canned tomato sauce
1 cup organic cheese shredded
½ cup cooked ham or salami – chop rough
½ cup black chopped canned olives
1.Preheat oven to 425
- Line toast on a baking pan and bake for 5 mins
- Take toast out and spread sauce evenly on each slice of toast
- Add above toppings evenly to each slice of toast (or topping of your choice)
- Bake for 4 min’s or until cheese is melted. Cool a bit and Serve!
Optional toppings: green onions, pinnacle, fresh tomato, chopped zucchini or other veggies. Add more sauce or more toppings if you wish!
Fun Tips: Make this fun for kids buy placing all pizza ingredients in a muffin pan and letting kids decorate their own pizzas. This would be super fun for a chill night with the family or when having some kids over for a play date!
With love and sparkle,
P.S Please sign up for my free guide for busy moms on this website (on the home page)..It’s FREE..YA…
Happy Magical Monday!
I am going to be talking about the importance of play and self care today…And even better, how we can all do these more in 5-10 mins!
It is so important as busy moms ( and everyone) to make sure we are taking care of ourselves first…I know this sometimes seems impossible right? It sure does for me! With the never-ending “to-do” lists and things that must get done, I often see people ( especially busy moms) put themselves last on this long list of things to GET DONE….I am really getting more focused on scheduling in more time for myself to have play and self care…It’s so important and necessary. Let’s all fill up our cups so we are not always draining the energy bank OK?…And then we can also help more people and be more present doing it…
So on this magical monday, I want to invite you to allow a little more PLAY and SELF- CARE into your life….Maybe try scheduling it in your calendar so it really does get done…Just 5-10 mins! We can all do it together… Below, are some self care tips that are simple and take only a few mins!
- Take a 10-‐minute warm bath with Epsom salt-‐ Epsom salt can help relax the body!
- Do some sort of meditation for 5 minutes in the morning when you are waking up. This can be saying a simple mantra like “ you are calm and relaxed” said over and over again. This can help be in the present moment
- Do some slow and deep breathing! This resets the nervous system and activates your parasympathetic nervous system.
- Take a 5-‐10 minute walk and be in nature
- Drink a cup of warm herbal tea and listen to music
- Write in a gratitude journal for 5-10 mins daily
- Eat some comfort food that is also nourishing!
- LAUGH LAUGH – Increases Oxytocin! ” the love hormone”
- HUG HUG HUG People – this also increases Oxytocin
- PLAY MORE….play games, dance or anything that is FUN!
Hope you enjoyed todays blog…
With love and sparkle- Amy
Hi Friends….It’s been a while since I have written a blog post…So today is the day to start! I am feeling especially Grateful today …So, I wanted to share a SIMPLE and special recipe with you from my cookbook Nourishment Made Simple. We are all so Busy….So its nice to have a little nourishing snack that is simple to make and also rich in protein. These granola bars are comfort food for me…
Enjoy this recipe….and what are you grateful for today? Would love to hear from you! I am grateful for you all…thank you!
Grateful Granola Energy Bars
¼ cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons of almond butter
¼ cup flax meal
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 ¼ cup organic applesauce
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup goji berries
¼ cup pumpkin seeds or slivered almonds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients –set aside
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup until melted.
- Combine heated mixture with dry mixture and stir until well combines
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lines with parchment paper
- Press mixture with your hands to create even surface- kind of looks like a meatloaf but flatter
- Bake until golden brown, about 35-40 mins
- Cool completely and then cut into little bars
- Store in airtight container in fridge
With love and sparkle…
Today I will be talking about STRAWBERRIES…It’s April and Strawberries are in season. They are so nourishing. I love strawberries and so does my daughter Nylah! Here is some information about strawberries.. Enjoy!
Strawberry fun facts: Where do strawberries grow? In the earth or those funny looking strawberry pots!Strawberries have their seeds on the OUTSIDE. How cool is this!
The small seeds on the outside are actually the “real fruit”. The strawberry is not a fruit; it is a swollen stem like a rose hip. There are on average 200 seeds on every strawberry
Buy Only Organic Strawberries. Lots of pesticides on strawberries
Nutrition facts about strawberries: High in Vitamins C, A and E. Great source of Anti-oxidants. The fruit is a rich source of vitamins B. Contains good amounts of important minerals like: copper, potassium and iron
Strawberry kale smoothie:
1 cup of rice milk
1 cup of frozen organic strawberries
1 small handful of kale
Dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Strawberry Arugula Salad
1-2 cups of washed Arugula
½ cup of sliced strawberries
¼ cup of pumpkin seeds— Dressing- Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil on top