Today I will be talking about STRAWBERRIES…It’s April and Strawberries are in season. They are so nourishing. I love strawberries and so does my daughter Nylah! Here is some information about strawberries.. Enjoy!
Strawberry fun facts: Where do strawberries grow? In the earth or those funny looking strawberry pots!Strawberries have their seeds on the OUTSIDE. How cool is this!
The small seeds on the outside are actually the “real fruit”. The strawberry is not a fruit; it is a swollen stem like a rose hip. There are on average 200 seeds on every strawberry
Buy Only Organic Strawberries. Lots of pesticides on strawberries
Nutrition facts about strawberries: High in Vitamins C, A and E. Great source of Anti-oxidants. The fruit is a rich source of vitamins B. Contains good amounts of important minerals like: copper, potassium and iron
Strawberry kale smoothie:
1 cup of rice milk
1 cup of frozen organic strawberries
1 small handful of kale
Dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Strawberry Arugula Salad
1-2 cups of washed Arugula
½ cup of sliced strawberries
¼ cup of pumpkin seeds— Dressing- Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil on top
Hi All- Happy Spring…What an amazing and Fresh time of year…I just love spring weather! The allergies can be rough for some people with all the pollen and things blooming. I will be chatting today about some natural and nourishing things you can do to ease allergens. In my opinion, your immunity has so much to do with how you are affected by allergies. The more boosted and strong our immunity is the better we can fight allergies of all sorts. So here are some simple and easy tips:
- Make sure to get lots of sleep-Your body heals when you are sleeping
- Eat a Rainbow on your plate every day!- bright colored foods are high in antioxidants
- Drink lots of yummy bone broth- bone broth is so nourishing and helps you stay strong
- Drink Nettle tea- Nettle tea is so rich in vitamins and minerals- helps fight allergies
- Take a supplement called D-hist ( they have an adult and kids version)- buy at Farmacopia- or ask me
- Local Honey can be amazing to help fight allergies- warm water, lemon and local honey is a natural cough syrup
- Eat a diet that is anti-inflammatory- when the body is inflamed it can become toxic and weak
- Boost your digestion- over 70% of your immunity lives in you gut- take probiotics daily and/ or eat fermented foods
- Omega 3 oils help fight inflammation- cod liver oil, flax oil and help oil are great sources
Please call me if you want to support your allergies and more we can work on this together! I am offering 25.00 off your first visit with me for the months of March and April. Also, refer a friend and get discounts on your future follow up visits. Thanks and Be Well, Amy
Hi Friends- I have not blogged in Sooooo long. I am so glad to be blogging and connecting today with all of you. I am going to be talking about the fun FLU today. It’s that time of year when you are surrounded by the funky flu. How can you not get sick? or if you do get sick..get less sick?? My answer is boost all year long and double boost when your surrounded by sickies.
Here are some simple suggestion to follow to feel nourished and boosted:
- Make sure you are sleeping good. Go to bed early if you can
- Stress Less..Stress makes you sick! lowers immunity
- Exercise a few times a week
- Wash your hands, your kids hands and sing your ABC”S when washing baby!
- Eat warming seasonal foods- soups, bone broths, stews, cooked greens and lots of turmeric and cumin spices added to food
- Eat a Rainbow of color on your plate with beautiful vibrant fruits and veggies
Supplements that can help:
- Vitamin D3 – 2,000 ius a day is good. Take more if you feel yourself getting run down or sick- get you vit d levels checked if you can
- Probiotics – 70% of your immunity lives in your gut so boost it up baby
- Omega 3s – I love cod liver oil and so does my 3.5 year old..crazy right?
There is so much more I could say about boosting immunity but these are some really simple ways to stay boosted.
Be Well, Amy
Hi friends…I am writing today and feeling very happy and loved! I have really been trying to look a little closer and appreciate the “simple things” in life. Sometimes I can get so caught up in the “hurry” of my daily grind and not stop and “smell the roses”. The bottom line is that life is crazy, will be crazy, and NOTHING is guaranteed..The one thing you can count on is enjoying the “little things” and being mindful of how you are thinking about things that surround you. Stress can be hard to pin point and deal with. In fact, for me it’s a constant struggle to be “somewhat ZEN”. I feel like “what’s wrong with me”?? Well…I am starting to realize that nothing is wrong with me..It is simply the way stress hits my body..I do believe that I can change the way that I deal with stress by simply being more accepting of what is happening around me! I have been told for years just to “let go”…Well, I am not sure about you but…This is hard to do!! Simple but hard…I am writing to all you “type A” moms (or parents) and saying that “letting go” is a daily process for me and it probably will be for a while…I have a very active and verbal toddler. People kept telling me “just wait until she asks WHY about everything” Well, it has happened and it is FIERCE. So, I am having to breath differently and try to roll with it more lately than before. I am paying close attention to what happens in my body when I feel stress. It will take time but I am eager to feel more calm and “at ease” when I am in the throws of a busy life, my own business and a 3 year old!
The bottom line is LOVE and ACCEPTANCE sometimes every moment on some crazy days…
Happy Tuesday Friends…It has been a while since I have written. I find myself taking a while to get to some things lately as life is AGAIN really busy. I wanted to remind all of you how important it is to make sure you are staying boosted all year long with your immunity. I have not been sick in forever and I got a weird throat thing just this past week. I was under some stress and not sleeping well..BAM BAM BAM..The virus hit me like a ton of bricks…I thought I was pretty strong but I got out of balance and the body has a funny way of making you STOP right?? Here are some simple tips to stay boosted all year long (yes..even summer…)
Make some immunity broth or bone broths and sip on these even when your strong
Take vitamin c when you feel run down or are around sickies
Keep stress down..this is a biggie for me and its what got me sick this time for sure!
Laugh, smile and do fun things- this keeps the positive energy flowing and the love fresh
Eat less sugar and white food..Eat a diet that is anti-inflammatory
Vitamin D helps boost ya as well….so does a healthy dose of omega 3s daily
I hope you enjoy these simple tips or reminders…I will be posting more soon….Enjoy
The first two people to email me will get 1/2 off there first nutritional consult with me…email me at
Be Well, Amy